Saturday, January 29, 2011

One Hand In My Pocket

It has almost been a year since I started writing on my ever changing moods in my ever changing life. What twists and turns a year will bring you. When I started to explore my new paths I was about to embark on, who knew where I would land.

In my ever changing moods, this past year has taught me the art of patience, to take a leap into unknown waters just to see where the waters will take you, to look fear in the eye and laugh and to never underestimate the power and love of family, of friends and of strangers who end up as friends in unexpected ways.

This has definitely been a year of good and bad, give or take, yin and yang. Although, when is life not all of these mixed bag of goods? I guess that is what builds our character, makes us stronger, makes us appreciate the happy times, teaches us how to cope when things are not so happy, makes us resilient, teaches us to never give up, to seek the truth and may the truthful and just people win out over the oafish cads of the world. So, I have learned that on one hand, things can be very good while on the other hand, yes there is always that other hand, on the other hand, things can be a bit murky.

But, on this path of exploration and experimentation, I have come to realize that we need both hands to look at and show us the light. We need the good with the bad to make us stronger and to appreciate when things are good and when to kick ass if needed. It has taught me to be quietly patient, faithful in the good winning out and to look at fear and not run. Take it, analyze it, run with it and then in the end, chalk it up to the other hand.

I look forward to the next year of blogging and charting my course and living my life looking at both hands of life.












No comments: