Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Nights On Broadway

Day 7 of The Challenge...

Post a picture of something or someone that has had the greatest impact on your life.

Hmmmm...the list cannot be just one thing, for me. But, here it is...




I grew up in the midwest, went to college in the south, and then took off for California. I was a flight attendant that chose to make her home base, Los Angeles. I will never forget catching sight of this sign on arrival. I could see the sign from one of my apartments. The thrill, the realization that I had blown the popscicle stand of my hometown and went west. Thrilling!






As a flight attendant, my first trip was from LAX to JFK. The trip that will forever remain in my mind as DISASTER...lol. I was a brand new flight attendant, called out on my first reserve day, to fly as the Number 1 flight attendant. On a DC-10. Full flight. Full cocktail and lunch service. I was near tears as we landed at JFK. Luckily, I had a DYNAMITE cool, eclectic, fun crew...all helpful, all happy to have a novice on board. My tears dried up the minute our cabs hit the city....once again, it took my breath away. I was in the land of magic and could hardly wait to make this city my second home, as often as I could.




Living in Los Angeles, I had a friend who's family owned an apartment in San Francisco. We would spend many weekends, there, exploring, dining, drinking...San Francisco became my fav city of all cities. I felt so overwhelmed to look up the old haunts of what used to be the dwellings and hang outs of so many of my worshipped bands of the 60s. J and I also have a special history in San Francisco. I guess, to sound corny, I could say that I lost my heart TO San Francisco and IN San Francisco...



There have also been people, in my life, that have made big impacts...

J
The cheerleader
My inlaws
My grandparents
My bff from high school
My sorority sisters












No comments: