Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Wheel In The Sky

The past few days have been perfect fallish days. Warm sun, crisp air, perfect temperatures. The kind of days that make you want to be outside just soaking it all up. The colors are starting to multiply and turn into golds, reds, oranges and shimmer as the sun shines throught the leaves on the trees.

In my ever changing moods, I will never end my love affair with autumn. I go nuts for the weather, for the apples, for the fall wardrobe, for football, for chilled mornings that turn into warm afternoons. Fall is where it's at, in my book.

I am lucky enough to have a convertible, as you all may know her as Elle Woods, my pet name for her. And, although J thinks I am crazy, autumn is my fav time to drive her. I like the brisk morning drives with the top down and I like the chilled evening drives. I really love the sunny drives that let you drive through falling leaves. I love to hear the crunch of the leaves as you zip through country roads.

The other day I had a few errands to run and decided to take all country roads to get there. I had the top down, Journey blasting from my Ipod, and I was racing over the crunchy leaves. I was immediately transported back to high school on fall days. I remember the wild abandon that you felt on one of these perfect days when we all raced out and jumped in cars and just drove around. Back then, it's what we did. Jumped into muscle cars of guys and drove. Most of the time, my group of friends would have to quickly return for marching band practice or cheer practice or tennis practice but we had that hour of just reckless (late 70s, we were all reckless) driving in sunshine, letting your hair blow, blaring music and just happy to be a carefree teen with a sunny afternoon on your side.

When I got home and put Elle Woods in her spot in the garage, I just smiled at how a girl can grow up but she doesn't have to grow old. Bring on the sun, I have more roads to conquer!!













No comments: