Wednesday, May 12, 2010

New World

Well, that is a bit of an overstatement but there is a new president in town. Yes, last night's installation did happen and it went very well and I am now leading my little group into what could either be scary territory or great new horizons!! I hope to take the group down new roads, find new members, and explore possible new ways of doing things. So, I guess in a sense, this new president may want to explore a new world, of sorts.

I stand with gavel in hand, president's pin on my chest and a wine glass in the other hand. I think we are ready to rock with that combo. Actually, last night's ceremony was lovingly tailored to my personality and all of the incoming board members were given a wine personality, a little toast and a wine glass to take home. I am flattered that it was such fun. If nothing else, even if I fail my group, they know where to go for the best party. I joke, I joke.

I have some pretty awesome footsteps to follow to lead a group of awesome women. Now that I am out of denial and have wiped the stardust out of my eyes, I am ready to take control.

In my ever changing moods and my journey as the mom with more time, this is my first big step on that journey. I am sure that there will be funny mishaps, along the way, but I am hoping for more victories than failures!

It's a new time, a new president of my group, a new world to take on. I am up for the challenge so everyone should buckle up. It could be a bumpy ride along the way.


Madame President






No comments: