Thursday, April 8, 2010

Since You've Been Gone

This past week, Mr. Man was out of town and the cheerleader and I stayed behind. She has a lot going on with school and with it being her junior year, college testing starts on this Saturday, she is on prom committee, cheer tryouts and the one million other things she is involved in, we decided it was best not to take her out of school, right now, for a vacation. Plus, our school gets no spring break so we didn't even have the week off that everyone else gets. Anyway, Mr. Man travels a lot without us and it is no big deal. It gives everyone a bit of a holiday of sorts. And, I go away without Mr. Man, at times, and again...we all enjoy a nice break.

In my ever changing moods, I love Mr. Man with all of my heart and we have a lot of fun, together, and we also travel a lot together and as a family. But, sometimes, that little bit of downtime from cooking dinner, doing laundry, etc. is a nice break. So, this week has been a combination of letting me get things done but at the same time, letting me kick back and not do a whole heck of a lot. It's nice to recharge every couple of months.

Today, Mr. Man returns and I am so excited!! The vacation was nice but I get so excited on his return home. He is missed around here when he is gone. His humor, his smiling face, his hugs, his prescence. Things get very quiet around here with him gone and while it's nice for recharging mental batteries, it's great to have him and his whirlwind self back where he belongs.

So, I am a bustle of cleaning/mopping/laundry/organizing energy, today. The cheerleader and I will pick him up at the airport, later, and we are both excited to see the man in our life!!

Since he's been gone, I have missed him very much!!

No comments: